(click/tap on any listed event in the calendar to see the details)
|2019 Events at the Mill
Saturday December 14 - Mensen Family Concert – at the Old Town Hall from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Local talent performing. An evening of music & a good cheer!
Free will donation. Proceeds will go the Old Stone Mill. Organized by the Mensen family.
Fridays & Saturdays, Nov. 29, 30, Dec. 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21 - CELEBRATING THE SEASON – the Old Stone Mill will be lit up with festive candles as part of Delta's Celebrating the Season. The Old Town Hall will be open from 5 pm to 8:30 pm featuring our Christmas Gift Table with all sorts of interesting items and refreshments available at the canteen. Lower Beverley Lake Park will be lit with over 100,000 lights. You can take a ride on the Wagon from the Delta Fair Grounds that will take you to the park and back. Admission to the Old Stone Mill and Old Town Hall is FREE (donations appreciated). Entrance fee to Lower Beverley Lake Park $5 for Adults 13 and older. See the 2019 brochure for full details.
Saturday December 21 - CAROLING AT THE OLD STONE MILL – we are looking for people to come to the Old Stone Mill from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. to sing Christmas Carols. The acoustics in the Old Stone Mill are spectacular. If you are interested just dress really, really warm and show up. Music books will be provided. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Delta Pilot, November/December 2019 (2.5 Mb PDF file)
- Delta Pilot, September/October 2019 (2.0 Mb PDF file)
- Delta Pilot, July/August 2019 (1.1 Mb PDF file)
- Delta Pilot, May/June 2019 (1.4 Mb PDF file)
- Delta Pilot, March/April 2019 (0.9 Mb PDF file)
- Delta Pilot, January/February 2019 (0.9 Mb PDF file)
- Delta Pilot, November/December 2018 (3.2 Mb PDF file)
- Delta Pilot, September/October 2018 (1.3 Mb PDF file)
- Delta Pilot, July/August 2018 (0.8 Mb PDF file)
- Delta Pilot, May/June 2018 (1.3 Mb PDF file)
- Delta Pilot, March/April 2018 (1.5 Mb PDF file)
- Delta Pilot, January/February 2018 (1.0 Mb PDF file)
Annual Event Descriptions
- Delta Maple Syrup Festival weekend: This is an annual spring event in Delta, held on the third weekend in April, features pancakes with maple syrup served at the Delta Fair Ground and sales of maple products and crafts. The Delta Mill Society cooperates with the Festival committee by opening the Mill for special demonstrations, exhibits and tours. For more information about the Delta Maple Syrup Festival, see the Delta Fair Website (they organize the Delta Maple Syrup Festival)
- Annual Delta Fair in July: held on the fourth weekend in July, this is the longest-running country fair in Ontario. The Mill is always a feature point of interest for visitors to the area. On the first day of the Fair there is an annual parade and the Mill Society enters a float designed on a historical theme. For more information about the Delta Fair, see the Delta Fair Website
- Delta Harvest Festival:
Held on the last Saturday in September, the Delta Harvest Festival is a village wide celebration of the fall harvest. The mill is open for tours and treats, with the Friends of the Mill table featuring a variety of home baking, preserves, vegetable produce, crafts, plants, dried flowers, all donated by friends of the mill. Visitors arrive from Ottawa, Kingston, Brockville and many other centres to enjoy the country atmosphere of this lovely village, to purchase the sale products and to take part in the activities and demonstrations of special interest (such as blacksmithing) sponsored by the Society.
photo by: Ken Watson
|Harvest bounty at the |
annual Harvest Festival
- Christmas Lights in the Mill: Each Christmas season the Delta Mill Society installs large lighted candles and wreaths in the Mill windows and people come from many miles around to see this beautiful seasonal display. As one local business person wrote to the Society "the Mill's windows glow like small jewels on cold winter nights". This display is now paired with Delta's Celebrating the Season with thousands of lights in Lower Beverley Lake Park.
||The Delta Mill Society
Box 172, Delta, Ontario K0E 1G0
Tel: 613-928-2584 (office)