Old Stone Mill Olive Oil Dough
by Louise Richards
This dough is good for pizza bases, loaves or Focaccia.
Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- 6 ½ cups of Old Stone Mill Fine Flour
- ¼ cup of virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of warm water (add a bit more water if needed)
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 ½ tbsp instant dry yeast
- 1 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp of chopped rosemary
Mix for 2 to 3 minutes
Knead for approximately 10 minutes
Place dough in bowl and cover with a plate
Ferment for 1 hour 20 minutes
Turn out dough on counter and knock back
Bench for 10 minutes
Mold to desired shape
Proof, covered with clean tea towel, for 1 hour
Heat oven (with dry steam tray) to 450°F (230°C) for at least 5 minutes before baking.
Add small amount of water to steam tray. Bake bread for 30 minutes. Take steam tray out after 10 minutes.